- May 12, 2016
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please note – you can register for the event here, or at the door on the day of the event. We recommend that you register now to ensure you have a seat for the event.
with Gail Mooney
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Tipton Hall, Santa Fe University of Art and Design
1600 St Michaels Drive – Santa Fe
There are plenty of seminars out there that teach the tools of video as well as how to use those tools – from the DSLR to the RED and everything in between. But what’s lacking are workshops that teach the fundamentals of sound business practices in video production. The video production business is quite different than the business of still photography. The New Mexico chapter of ASMP hosts Gail Mooney, who will provide some key tips that will help you make informed business decisions when producing video for clients.
• Video production and your role in the process.
• Post-production – when and why to outsource
• Work for Hire and Copyright issues
• Estimating, budgeting and managing a video production
• Paperwork – SOWs and releases
• Licensing your work as well as others’ intellectual property
• Talent and insurance concerns
• Distributing and monetizing self-‐initiated projects
• How to build an audience and launch a crowd funding campaign
Gail Mooney is a photographer/filmmaker based in the greater New York area and co-owner of Kelly/Mooney Productions, a multimedia production company. Gail has traveled the world for over 30 years shooting for international companies and institutions. She has spoken at numerous conferences, including a TEDx event in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and at NAB. Gail produced her first feature length documentary in 2011, entitled Opening Our Eyes. Gail and her daughter Erin circled the globe on a 99-day journey, searching for people who were creating positive change and making our planet a better place – one person at a time. The trailer has been seen in over 150 countries. Trailer and Website: http://www.openingoureyesmovie.com